Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's in the genes ...

... or "in the blood," as some people would put it. My little granddaughter spent some time with me recently. She was eager to put her new sewing skills to use, and spent most of one day stitching a quilt. She chooses her pieces, carefully arranging them just so. It's a work in progress -- she does a little bit more every time she comes. I am amused to see that we're attracted to the same colors -- she raids my stash and claims the fabrics she likes best. Now we keep her stash separate from mine, so I won't use up all her stuff. (?!?)















The funny part is, after we come back home from the studio, she sits and colors with her markers. "Wanna see the design I made for my next quilt, MaMa? Do you think this will be pretty?" Or while we're out bike riding, she'll be chatting away, "... on my NEXT quilt, I'm going to ... " She hasn't finished the first, but she's already got several more in the planning stages. A girl after my own heart, that one!

---

Pretty soon they're going to have to install a traffic signal on our little country road, what with all the folks coming by to have a peek:













Is it a Martian landing site? Nope. It's major construction on the farm next door. People come from miles around to see the progress. If you live anywhere in Northeast Pennsylvania, you'll know what I'm talking about. If you don't, you'll just have to stay tuned for updates.

1 comment:

  1. You're getting a well next door?? That's exciting! We asked Fortuna at the fair when they were coming to Windham Twp and they said they were doing Pike Twp next.

    Looks like the quilt is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete