Saturday, May 29, 2010

We beg to differ ...




















She's pushing 20. Her name is Stooge. But she didn't get this old by being stupid! She knows that when MaMa is heading for the garden, there's likely to be something yummy to be had for the begging. (She got a handful of spinach just for the asking.


Lunch today will be mostly green, thanks to an early start in the garden this year.

















I've been accused of lacking patience. I maintain there is a time when patience is required, and a time when strict adherence to a schedule is imperative. And it pays to know the difference. That's all I have to say about THAT. But explain for me please, if I am so impatient, how did THIS happen?




















I started this plant from a cutting years ago. I read that it can take years for an orchid cactus to blossom after it's started. I have a gardening friend who, after waiting two years for hers, decided it was a futile cause and tossed it out. Too bad -- look at the amazing flower that comes to those who wait.

1 comment:

  1. So jealous of your salad and that flower is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete