Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shootin' the pig ...

For whatever reason, when they test the gas pipeline, they call it shootin' the pig. They have a big foam plug (the "pig") that they insert into the pipeline and force it through with compressed air to check for problems. I wish I had known before they did it. I think it would've been great fun to stand at the other end of the pipe and watch for the thing to pop out of the hole. I DO hope they had someone watching for traffic, just in case it popped out unexpectedly.

According to DH (A.K.A "Snoop The Scoop"), they'll next do some high pressure test that will discover any possible leaks. Once that's done, the pipeline will be good to go. Neighbors are all wondering how long it will be before the wells here will go online. Rumor has it that it will be sooner rather than later. I'm still waiting for my eggs to hatch before I count my chickies.












(sign at Ken's corner, for those of you who know where that is)


It's been an unusual year so far, and so the sheep got their "haircuts" later than usual. The fellow who's been shearing for us for decades wasn't feeling up to the task. Thankfully, he's trained the next generation! The little gal in the background had a ringside seat (or actually, "stand") -- and was completely absorbed by the process. She chatted up a storm while Mike The Shearer kept busy for about two hours. He's got a young son, so didn't mind.


She tries to figure things out on her own and some of the things that come out of her just crack me up. It's awfully quiet around here now that she's gone back home.






















No comments:

Post a Comment