Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A bit of a snag ...

I'm in the process of weaning my two bottle lambs, and have run into a bit of a snag. I don't like to just suddenly quit feeding them, so my plan has been to feed them less and less often until we're down to nothing. That's how I always do it. But I'm afraid I've run into a bit of a snag this time. These two little guys are smarties. When time comes that they expect a feeding, they come to the pasture gate and baaa-aaa-aa until I come out. Until today, that is. Now they've decided they know where I live and there's no sense waiting for me to come out -- they come calling. They squeeze through the gate boards and run across the road, up to the house and make their demands. Good grief. As if having all these critters to take care of isn't enough ... now I'll have to put up with them calling for me at the kitchen door! This certainly complicates things for me. Whatever shall I do when it is time to part with them, after they play the part of best friends who'll come calling?!? Oh, dear ... it's going to make a hard thing even harder, I'm afraid.

Julie S says she can't wait to see her finished quilt, so here's a photo of it for her.
















I'm rather fond of her color combination, even though I would never have thought it up for myself. This close-up shows the quilting:






No comments:

Post a Comment