Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Where’s a video camera when you need one?

Oh, the sights I see, living out here amongst all my creatures. I just witnessed something that would probably make the cut for AFV on TV, had I caught it on tape.

I was pouring myself a cup of coffee and looking out the window glass in the kitchen door. There was a cat snuggled up on a pile of leaves in a flower bed just outside. A big old goose came waddling up, stretched her neck out and pinched the cat right in the rear end. It’s probably one of those “you had to be there” kind of things, but the cat absolutely FLEW into the air, completely startled. When he landed back on his feet several feet away, he looked back at the goose as if to say, “What was THAT for?!?”

I wish I had caught that on tape. It was priceless. How does a cat do that, anyway? It went from being in a sleeping position to being several feet in the air, zero-to-sixty – apparently without its feet ever touching the ground for lift-off. On second thought, it’s probably a good thing I didn’t catch it on tape. I’d spend the whole day re-winding it and reviewing it.
__________

EMMA WAS HERE ... Emma is Peg K's granddaughter. She's in the second grade, and likes cats. So she shall have cats on her quilt that Grandma made for her:





Hard to see the pink on pink, but it shows up a lot on the black!

No comments:

Post a Comment