Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I may need an intervention ...
















Do you know how much time a person can spend looking at seed catalogs? A lot!



















I hope to finish a quilt using repro fabrics to enter in our guild's Civil War exhibit this fall. I made a small step toward getting started. These are the ones I did last night.


















We're doing an exchange of 5-inch squares -- we call them Nickel Squares -- to expand the variety of fabrics available. I won't get mine until March because I cannot make it to the retreat this year where everyone else will get their collection. I'm trying to get a head start by using what I have here. Elsewise, I'll never finish in time. I may live to regret it, but I'm planning to make about a jillion 6-inch blocks and assemble them into one big quilt. Wish me success!



1 comment:

  1. I *DO* know how much time a person can spend looking at seed catalogs. And how much money, too! How are you supposed to narrow down what kinds of tomatoes or peppers or peas to grow when they make them all sound fabulous?

    ReplyDelete