Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Quotable Quotes ...

You know how you read something you find especially amusing, or apropos to something going on in your life, or just plain clever? I see those things all the time -- in a book, on a T-shirt, bumper sticker, or whatever. Then I store them away in my brain for future use. After a while, I forget all about them. So here are my two current favs, given now only because I will forget to mention them when the appropriate time comes along.

"Face your problems, don't Facebook them." -- on a T-shirt worn by a guy at the county fair.

"Trust in the Lord, but row away from the rocks." -- now I can't even remember where I saw that one, but it's a keeper!

I used to carry a little notebook around in my purse to jot such gems down, along with all sorts of useful information I felt a need to gather. I had a whole slew of adages I was collecting to help me wend my way through my then-new country lifestyle. I still have the notebook in my dresser drawer. Some of the pages are stuck together, the result of a prank played on me at work by my BIL 30+ years ago, when Green Slime was a fun new toy on the market.

That's a story for another day. For now, suffice it to say it's a wonder the man lived to tell it.

P.S.: I bought a new little notebook today. When you see me, tell me your favorite quote (or email it to me) and help me fill it up with good ones.

2 comments:

  1. I email myself quotes that I like. I have this vague thought that i will use them all in a quilt someday. Think THAT will happen?

    ReplyDelete