Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Murder on the hill!

I'm sure you've heard that you learn something every day. Today I learned what a murder is. Believe it or not, that's what they call a flock of crows. Don't you just wonder the origin of THAT!?! I do not know, so go ask Pat. (My apologies, Dr. Seuss)

Speaking of Dr. S, my fav from him has always been One Fish, Two, Fish ... (I still have that one stuck in my head, having it memorized from reading it so often to my kids when they were tots).

I have to wonder if being a reading teacher isn't the toughest job in the school these days, next to being the disciplinarian? Reading just doesn't seem to have the same draw as it did when I was a kid. We didn't have a library of movies in our homes back then, and TV viewing time was very limited. When it was on, we all watched the same thing on the one TV in the house. If we didn't like what was on, we could go outside or go read a book.

And speaking of murder, I'd better get to the garden and do anything that's going to get done before the murderous heat expected for the day arrives.

1 comment:

  1. The heat was murderous today and it doesn't look to be getting any cooler for the next few days!

    ReplyDelete