Friday, December 3, 2010

Superwoman was here again ...

Lynette must be one of the most energetic people I know. She has a whole houseful of kids, and yet makes quilt after quilt ... and we're not talking itty bitty wallhangings here. This is what she did in the studio this week:





















A DWR which you can see is very large (you're looking at it folded in half in the photo). She put in many hours getting the quilting just right, and if that weren't enough, she's planning to scallop the edges. I CAN'T be the only one who hates doing binding on a scalloped edge, can I? That's why the quilting took many hours - she wanted the feathered border "just so," in order to make the "humps" center up nicely in the scallops. Whew! A lot of work and a lot of love went into this quilt -- she's making it for a friend. Wow.



All my photos are coming out so fuzzy lately. Either I have the jitters and cannot hold the camera still, or else the camera needs a few sharp swats to straighten it out. Anyway ... yesterday's lamb will be called Dreidel, per KP's suggestion, seeing as he was born on the first day of Hanukkah. (side note: I tried to look up the spelling of those two words and didn't find them in my dictionary. Odd, no?)

No comments:

Post a Comment