Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I smell Easter lilies ...

For several days, every once in a while I get a whiff of the fragrance of Easter lilies. For the life of me, I could not figure out where it was coming from. Then this morning, I discovered the source. It is a new mascara I have been using! Imagine that. Odd, no?
It feels like forever since I posted anything here. Reason/Excuse? Sleep deprivation. We're knee-deep in lambing season here. Sixteen and counting ... so far. Only one black one is this group. I do the night-watch (getting up from a sound sleep to go the barn in the dark); DH shuffles sheep. I keep changing my mind about who should be pen-mates, so he has to re-arrange them every couple of days. There are valid reasons for needing them shuffled, I promise. Example: a ewe whose lambs were stillborn has milk, no babies. Another ewe has a big, beautiful lamb but no milk. Solution: put them together and hope the baby grafts on to the wrong mother. It doesn't always work, but I'm nothing if not hopeful. Then there are the aggressive hags who don't play nice with others, so they can't be left in a pen with a timid ewe who gets pummelled for merely looking at the other one's lamb. See? Real reasons for sheep shuffling. Eventually, everything gets worked out, but it takes a few tries.

Several quilters have been coming and going around here, but I've been too lazy to hunt down the camera to snap photos. I did have it on hand when Nancy C finished up this beautiful quilt. It was a BOM project. She used a simple stars & stripes kind of design in the quilting, and we both thought it came out great. Don't you agree?

Well ... I WAS going to upload the photo, but can't get this thing to work. I'll try again tomorrow, I guess.







No comments:

Post a Comment