Friday, November 2, 2012

Go ahead, make my day ...

If you've been trying to call me today and have not been able to get thru, I apologize for the continuous busy signal. It's been a marathon of phone calls all day! Imagine my astonishment first thing this morning when I got a call from Clint Eastwood! I'm afraid I was rather rude to him (I hung up on him mid-sentence to go finish my breakfast). It's not that I don't like Clint Eastwood, but unfortunately for him, I like my oatmeal even better at 7:00 a.m. I guess he didn't take it personally, because he called back later in the day. I was much more polite that time. I just can't figure out if he's getting senile, or what?!? He called back a THIRD time and just repeated himself. DH has always been a huge fan of that guy, so when he came home I asked him to speak to his buddy and just ask him to stop calling me here at home.

When the phone rang during dinner tonight, I told DH it was his turn to answer it. It was probably Clint calling again, and it would be a good chance to talk to him about calling me so much when my husband isn't home. Well ... THIS time it was Mitt Romney calling. DH got all puffed up when Mr. R addressed him by his first name.

Oh ... and you can just keep trying if you've been trying to reach me. But it may take another four days to get thru.

2 comments:

  1. Dave got a call from Mitt, too! What a co-incidence! We didn't hear from Clint, though, just Newt Gingrich. Maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a call from Pat Boone, today

    ReplyDelete