Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Honey! I'm hoo-ommme ...

Seems like forever since I've posted, but I've been up to my ears. The weather has given us about a month of extra gardening time this year. I've been busy squirrelling away what we couldn't use up. I'd almost forgotten how time-consuming canning is. And there was the local guild's quilt show. I've gotta say, if you missed it, it was a good one! We had over 350 quilts hanging. Now, let me tell you, it takes a lot of willing hands to put that many quilt frames together and get the show ready forthe next morning's opening -- especially since we can't start until school's out on Friday afternoon. But like they say, many hands make light work. (None of us there would have minded if it had been a little lighter, but we did it with the help of some very nice husbands who came armed with power tools).

I'll not whine about the weather except to say I'm having a hard time keeping dry socks on my feet.

And ... would you look at this? The chickies are finally growing up! First attempt at egg-laying for this year's pullets:
The yolk was the size of a dried lentil. I could probably get bigger eggs by robbing pigeon nests in the barn! But I'll try to be patient.

On the knitting front: I started a shawl about a month ago as a KAL with my sister. I chose this particular pattern because it had a pretty, lacy border but was mostly straight knitting. I thought it would be simple and fast. It wasn't. I've about worn the yarn to a frazzle pulling it out and starting over so many times. I could not get past row 13 of a 42-row lace pattern. My sister finally came to my rescue and figured out I was missing a page. Ugh! I decided to rip it all out and just start over. I'm pretending that other mess never happened, and we shall never speak of it again, thank you very much.

Gotta get back to work. Customers' holiday quilts are piling up. Before you know it, the snow will be flying! I'm ready: I have projects all picked out for those days we all need to stay inside, bundled up in our woolies and simmering soup to warm our bellies with.



No comments:

Post a Comment