Monday, February 13, 2012

Hooray for the Red, White & Blue ...

Our quilt guild does a "Nickel Exchange" of 5-inch squares every year with a different theme. The participants are challenged to make a quilt (at least one) with the 360 pieces of fabric received. I got a good start on mine over the weekend. Believe it or not, there is a plan for this mess to become a quilt:


















A few more blocks, then it will be time to put it all together. I hope nobody gets dizzy looking at it!

My day got off to an early start today. A VERY early start. Like 3:00 a.m. I woke feeling like I got hit by a car, and debated whether or not I could drag my sorry butt outta bed to go check on expecting sheep. I knew that if I didn't, I'd be sorry when "real" morning came. Sure enough, there were two sets of new twins. One of the lambs was left behind by her mommy. She lay nearly frozen stiff, but was still breathing. The rest of my morning until first breakfast was taken up with bringing her back to a better state of being. I'm happy to report that she was looking pretty frisky by second breakfast, and is now re-united with her family. One problem: she thinks I am her mom, and it will take some coaxing to get her nursing from the ewe. I've gotta be nuts!

I've got quilts to work on, so I hope the re-attachment of the lamb to the ewe doesn't take much more time. I've already skipped snacks, was late for lunch, and may miss second lunch. This can't be good.

2 comments:

  1. The quilt looks fabulous! It looks like the nickel blocks turned out to be in a pretty close color range - can't wait to see them!

    1st and 2nd breakfast and lunch??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget afternoon tea, dinner, supper and bedtime snack!!

    ReplyDelete